Monday, August 29, 2011

United Art and Education

My husband is a math teacher and I am an artist, so where do we shop when we need supplies? United Art and Education! My mother-in-law introduced the store to us last year and I loved it. There are so many great supplies and for good prices. Every time I go there I get a bunch of ideas of things I want to do, to create, to do with my children (when they are older). I find they have a very good selection of papers, which is the most common thing I buy.

My mother-in-law also took us down to a store down in Cincinnati called Suders Art Store. We went there last summer when to get bookbinding supplies and paper for when I was teaching them how to make books. The store is funny because nothing seems to be clearly marked and it's all piled up on top of each other, but the sales associates are really great and can help you find whatever you need and they actually have a great selection.

Other stores that I have shopped at in the past were Utrecht. My painting teacher took us all on a field trip up to Salt Lake City to get supplies there one time, and so did my drawing teacher. Good prices and great products available.

Of course there is also Hobby Lobby and Michaels. You got to love Michaels create your own sale coupons and deals that they have. I also think it would be fun to take one of the classes Michaels offers, like cake decorating sometime. In Utah I also went to Roberts, but they don't have them in Indianapolis. They are pretty much like Michaels.

What stores have you liked using as an artist? Which ones should I be made aware of?

*Note: I was not paid by anyone to write this post. I am simply mentioning the stores I have enjoyed using for my art supplies. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katelyn, I also have a favorite online source. Daniel Smith is my favorite. The water color selection is the best and the quality is excellent. I have purchased paper and books from them as well. They are very helpful and the supplies are always sent quickly.
    Mom Fagan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...