Friday, July 1, 2011

A Musical Piece - Half Way

I've been working on this piece for about 2 months officially now, and it's taking me longer than I expected. It doesn't help that I decided to make the images 8.5"x 8.5" instead of 6"x6". I decided to go with the bigger images because it filled out the 22"x30" BFK paper so much better!
The second image, of piano hampers, took much longer than I was planning with all the measuring I had to do! It's definitely the most technical of the images and with no negative space. But, I'm really happy with how things are going so far. The next ones should continue to go quicker. I really like how each individual one has turned out! They are looking great! I just hope that all six images together will be as concise in its design and concept as I envisioned. I selected the images carefully and took a mock photo of how it should look when it is all done:
What do you think so far of the piece? Do like the overall image? Individual ones? Are you excited to see the completed work? Let me know! I love critique!

Also, does anyone have suggestions for keeping clean lines when doing charcoal that does damage the paper? I've been using masking tape and it's not always foul-proof. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...